What is your toffee made of?
Our toffee is made of four simple ingredients: chocolate, pecans, butter, and sugar.
How long has Bell Stone Toffee been around?
In Michigan, we've been making fresh toffee for customers since 2004.
Do you have a shop where I can buy your toffee?
Please visit one of these fine establishments in Southeast Michigan:
- Joe's Produce in Livonia and Holiday Market in Canton have the most variety of toffee packaging, including bags and boxes of various sizes.
- Zingerman's Deli in Ann Arbor has a heaping handful sized bag if you're in the area.
- Simply Wine in Northville offers a bag and box to pair with your wine.
- Flower Bar, at the corner of N. Territorial and Pontiac Trail, is worth the trip. Assemble your own flower bouquet, grab a cup a coffee, and of course your bag of toffee.
- Plum Market - Ann Arbor West on North Maple Road has our mini and small bag sizes in milk and dark chocolate.
- Online ordering is convenient for those outside of Southeast Michigan. Then we make the toffee fresh and ship it directly to you or your gift recipient.
How old is the recipe?
One family member estimated that the toffee found its way into the Bell Family recipe box in the 1880's. Chocolate was added later as it became popular and pecans were added soon after.
How is my toffee shipped?
We send toffee primarily via USPS Priority Mail, but occasionally choose UPS or FedEx if deemed more efficient. If you have a special request (carrier or overnight service), please contact us.
Can you make it with a different nut or without chocolate?
Yes! Please contact us with special requests.
Is Bell Stone Toffee gluten free?
While our ingredients are gluten free, we cannot guarantee a gluten free toffee because we share a kitchen.
How long does the toffee last?
Toffee should be kept in a cool, dry place. Boxes and tins are best within 6-8 weeks. Zippered bags are best within 3 months.
Can I send an order to multiple addresses using your online shop?
At this time, our online processing service accepts one shipment per address. For your convenience, please contact us and we'll be happy to take care of your distribution personally.
Why does the checkout process tell me that you don't ship to my location?
Orders over $600 do not have a shipping option. Please contact us for personalized service.